The Hotel X Toronto Concept
And it's about our planet, too.
- Energy Efficiency: The design is aiming to be at least 29% more efficient than the MNECB-1997 reference building. Energy efficiency features include:
- High performance building envelope systems
- Central Enthalpy wheel on AHU unit supplying fresh air to Hotel tower
- VFD on heating and cooling pumps, VFD for supply and return fan on most AHUs
- Airside economizer on air handling units.
- Highly efficient lighting systems and controls
- On-site renewable energy systems
- Best in Class Construction Practices: The specifications and contracts will mandate compliance with the erosion control plan, construction waste management plan, indoor air quality management during construction and prior to occupancy plan, and commissioning plan.
- Indoor Environmental Quality
- Exceptional thermal comfort and control and careful selection of building materials will create a superior indoor environment.
- Recycling: Office, guestrooms, meetings and events spaces adhere to a recycling program following the directives of the Recycling council of Ontario.
- Food and Waste Disposal: Hotel X Toronto has implemented a food composting program along with a garbage compression program to minimize transportation of waste. This initiative helps us reduce not only volume of garbage generated but also limits the carbon emissions created during transportation of disposed items.
- Food Sourcing: Our Food and Beverage operator adheres to a “Buy Local Products” program that promotes Ontario grown produce and incentivizes the local economy.
- Collection of Rain Water for Irrigation:
- Hotel X Toronto occupies 9 acres of Land and features 6 acres of gardens and outdoor spaces. All rain water falling on property is collected in a underground cistern and the gray water is used for irrigating green spaces.
- Green Roofs: You will find six green roofs atop our building. These green roofs help reduce the reflective heat radiation from the building. The green roofs use climate appropriate plants and lichens indigenous to Ontario.
- Parks and Gardens: We created six acres of parks and gardens in an area previously occupied by asphalt parking lots. Over 200 trees were integrated in the design of our gardens along with grass areas and perennial grasses to recreate the original landscape of the location.
It's About You. It's About the View.
- Spectacular Views from Virtually Every Room
- Courtesy Shuttle to Toronto's Union Station & Billy Bishop Airport, based on availability
- Stunning Rooftop Swimming Pool
- Toronto's Only Tri-Level Rooftop SkyBar
- Guerlain Spa
- Pétros82 Restaurant
- Kandy Gallery by Neil Dankoff
- 250 Seat Cinema and 56 Seat Screening Room
- 4 Indoor Tennis Courts & 8 Squash Courts
- Cutting Edge Fitness Technology from TechnoGym
- Dedicated Studios for Pilates, Spinning & Yoga
- Complimentary Wi-Fi and In-Room Bottled Water
- Family-Friendly - Play Centre
- Pet-Friendly and Eco-Friendly
- Library, Business Centre, Gift Shop, Departure Lounge, ATM
Enter to win a Library Hotel Collection Getaway
Join the Library Hotel Collection E-Club and you will be automatically entered in the #BookLHC Sweepstakes. Plus, you’ll get exclusive special offers and travel tips. Get your instant offer code by signing up today!